Friday, April 5, 2013

Chapter 40


ASR leans forward and covers Khushi’s mouth with his own…
Khushi’s eyes go wide with surprise and she starts to pull away when ASR’s arms pull her in a strong grip.
Khushi gasps at the sudden grab and ASR uses that opportunity to neatly slide his mouth in a more intimate kiss.
The time stands still, the sound from the ballroom coming through the windows pales in the background, the entire garden goes calm as if enchanted with the ambiance…



And somewhere up there in the sky…

Nandy drops his mouth and phone in surprise.
Devi Maiyya shamelessly ogles the scene with her eyes and mouth wide open.
Nandy splutters: But but but… What the?
Unfortunately the famous words from Nandi’s mouth sets off a thunder in the quiet sky…



Down here, in the garden:

Khushi gets startled hearing the thunder and pushes ASR away from her.
ASR stumbles at the sudden push: What the?
Khushi exclaims furiously: What the? I will tell you what the. Why were you kissing me?
ASR smirks: I was not the only one kissing here.
Khushi splutters: Well, you started it. I was taken by surprise that’s all. It’s called instinctive response.
ASR sneers: Well, it’s called a bunch of bull in my language.
Khushi sneers back: Well, shove your language in… in… (notices flower pot) the flower pot.
ASR sneers: Last time I checked I was shoving my tongue down your flowery mouth…
Khushi goes tomato red in anger and aims a hard kick on ASR’s shin.
While ASR bends down to grab his leg in pain, Khushi makes a quick escape ignoring the curse words that was turning the air blue.



Somewhere up there in the sky:

Devi Maiyya, glares at Nandi for ruining her handiwork.
Nandi decides to make his escape before Devi Maiyya decides to rain thunder on his own delicate head.



Meanwhile, at the party:

Khushi runs inside and takes a deep breathe trying to calm her nerves. As she turns, she bumps into someone.
She looks up and exclaims: Lavanya? What are you doing here?
La looks at Khushi and smiles: Oh thank heavens, Khushi. I thought I’d die of boredom here. I don’t know anyone in this party.
Khushi frowns: Then how did you get here?
La explains with a deep sigh: My mom’s sister set me up with this nice boy of her kitty party friend who happened to ditch me at this totally unfamiliar party to stuff his face at the buffet. I swear to God, next time my aunt tries to get me on a blind date, I will kill her.
Khushi nods her head in sympathy: Blind dates… Those are the worst.
La nods sheepishly: True. By the way, Khushi… Why is your face so red and your lips are swollen? Are you coming down with some allergic reaction to something?
Khushi’s cheek gets redder and she mumbles under her breathe: Oh I’m allergic to Laad Governor alright.
La frowns and leans closer: Sorry didn’t get that. What did you say?
Khushi beams a big smile: Nothing.
Meanwhile, Payal arrives there: Khushi, where have you been? We were looking for you.
Khushi beams: Don’t worry. I’m right here. And look who I have found. La is here too. So let’s go back to the party.
The three of them giggle and chat all the way to the center of the room.



Aakash was looking for Payal when he notices Khushi, La and Payal there giggling and chatting.
He was about to go to them when NK comes behind him: There is Khushiji. Thank God, she is okay. The way Nannav dragged her away, I thought he would kill her. I looked for her everyw here but couldn’t find them anywhere. That reminds me, if Khushiji is here, then where is Nannav?
Aakash looks at NK with a frown: Hummm… Right, where did bhai go?
Right then they notice ASR is coming into the ballroom from the garden with a murderous scowl on his face.
Aakash and NK echoes together: Uh oh…
ASR reaches Aakash and NK and sits down on a chair on the bar. Aakash and NK stand on either side of him (Aakash on the left) while Aakash asks tentatively: Bhai, what’s up?
ASR grits his teeth: What’s up? I will tell you what’s up. My temper is up, that’s what. That girl will make any sane person lose his patience.
ASR orders a scotch on the rocks and swallows it in one gulp as soon as it’s served.
Aakash then walks around ASR and goes closer to NK and mouths silently in confusion: What girl?
NK shakes his head in confusion thinking Nannav couldn’t possibly talk about Khushi given her sweet nature. Must be some other girl.
Aakash and NK shake their head together but neither dares to ask ASR which girl he is talking about given his present mood.



In the meanwhile, on the other corner of the ballroom:

Naniji giggles at Shashi Gupta’s hilarious account of his patience: Oh, Mr. Gupta. You are one of the funniest people I ever met.
Mamaji also chuckling explains: Now I think, I should have been a doctor. My occupation seems way too much boring compared to yours.
Mamiji pokes at Naniji: Sasuma, shall we discuss what we came to talk about?
Naniji sobers up: Yes yes. (Turns to Shashi Gupta) Guptaji, Khushi bitiya must have informed you about my grandson and your daughter’s alliance?
Shashi nods his head: She did. But I wanted to meet you and your family before we could proceed with it and of course, we also need to ask Payal about her decision.
Naniji nods her head: You are right. That’s why I brought my grandson here. He is (locates Aakash) right over there with his cousins.
Shashi and his family turns to look at the bar where ASR was talking to Aakash and NK.
Shashi asks Naniji: Errrmmm… Which one is the groom?
Naniji replies with a smile: The one in black on the left.
Shashi turns to look, but unfortunately at that time Aakash moves from the left to the middle to mouth to NK: What girl? (Leaving ASR on the left).
Shashi looks at ASR’s thundercloud expression, thinks about his gentle girl Payal and says tentatively: Errmmm… he looks quite errmmm… serious.
Naniji looks back and sees Aakash and NK are shaking their head very seriously: Oh, don’t worry. May be they are discussing something important. But my grandson is a very happy and cheerful boy. Why, he is the life of any party.
Shashi looks at Garima and Buaji who nod positively: Ok. Then you come to my house with your family for dinner one night and we will discuss this alliance further. In the meanwhile, ask your grandson also what he thinks about Payal.
Naniji smiles: I will. And once I have everything settled, I will call you to arrange a day for dinner.
Shashi smiles back.



Nandi bangs his head against a thundercloud emitting thunder every time his horns hit it: Why why why? Why are humans so stupid? Why can’t they see anything past their nose?
Devi Maiyya was tapping her foot impatiently and scowling at Nandi for ruining her long-awaited romantic moment. Suddenly, she thought of a chance for payback.
She gives a huge scary grin to herself and rubs her hands together: You ruined my best prime time moment Nandy, now wait & see how I make you suffer with all the confusions. Your followers will be throwing rotten tomatoes in your face before I’m done with you…

In background the very popular Bollywood song starts playing…

Golmaal hai, bhai
Sab golmaal hai…

(Confusions galore, my dear
Confusions galore)


Those who want to check out the background song, here's the link:



3 comments:

  1. Arnav needs an insurance against Khushi. She is lethal for him emotionally and physically. Take care Khushi, else you may end up having no kids ;)
    Nice hilarious update. Nandi, please, those idiots Arnav and Khushi any way have no clue of what is happening..please don't interfere when DM is planning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming back!!! I cannot begin to tell you how much I had missed DM and Nandi's interaction. Just freakin' awesome!! I just noticed that you had started updating and decided to re-read the entire thing again!!! I enjoyed every bit as much as the first time. Hopefully we will be getting more frequent updates going forward...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... this is going to be awesome.. poor arnav... what a kiss, kick and a miss :P

    ReplyDelete