Saturday, December 1, 2012

Chapter 33


Close to Aravalli Range, out of the city line

Payal turns to Aakash and says, “Aakash, it’s getting late. I think we should head back.”
Aakash, disappointed but smiles back, “Sure.”
They pack their camping supply back into the bike and ride back to the city.
When they get close to the highway, Aakash sees a small dhaba (Punjabi diner) by the highway. He stops his bike and asks Payal, “I’m getting really hungry. Shall we eat before we go?”
Payal nods his head, “I was getting hungry too. Let’s eat.”

The Dhaba:



They went in the dhaba and grabbed a table.
A jovial teenager came in to take their order.

The teenager:



The teenager: Sastriakal Saabji. Welcome to Midway Dhaba. Myself Dara Singh. Dasoji, kya lau?
(Sastriakal, sir. Welcome to Midway Dhaba. I am Dara Singh. Tell me, what can I bring you?)
Aakash’s smile breaks out hearing the name of renowned wrestler’s name associated with a puny teen.
Payal asks gently: Daraji, humme bahut bhookh lage hain. Aaj special mein kya hain?
(Daraji, we are very hungry. What do you have in special?)
Dara Singh got really happy hearing the respectful ji beside his name.
He replied with a huge smile: Madamji, aaj thaali baddi change bani hain. Non veg aur veg dono. Aapke liye kya lau?
(Ma’m, today’s special is thaali. Both non-veg and veg. What shall I bring for you?)
Payal: Hamare liye aap veg thaali le aaiye please.
Aakash: And non-veg mere liye.
Dara Singh smiles: Koi gal nehin ji. Main bas yun gaya aur yun aaya…
(No problem. I will just come back in a jiffy)
Then he disappears inside and few minutes later comes back with two huge glasses of Lassi.

Lassi:



Dara Singh serves the drinks and tells Payal: Madamji, yeh hain yahan ki specialty. Pudina Lassi. Aap chakh ke dekhoji.
(Ma’m, this is the specialty of this dhaba. Mint Lassi. You just try it.)
Payal sips the cool and refreshing drink which was well churned yoghurt with sugar and cooling mint. She smiles at Dara: It’s very good.
Aakash sips his own drink and sees Dara’s beaming expression at Payal.
Dara vanishes inside to grab their platters.
Aakash looks at Payal with twinkling eye: Do you realize that you made a conquest today? That poor boy is smitten.
He completes his sentence in his head: Just like me.
Payal’s eyes widen: What? No. He is just a little boy.
Aakash smiles but doesn’t say anything.
Dara comes back with their food and serves Payal first.

Payal’s Veg Thali (Veg Platter):



Then he serves Aakash.

Aakash’s Non-Veg Thali (Non-Veg Platter):



They thank Dara and starts eating all the delicious food and both think what a wonderful ending to a beautiful day it was.

Nandi smiles big and hums: Moo moo…
Devi Maiyya scowls: Shut up. It’s irritating.
Nandi shrugs his shoulder as if to say can’t help it.
Devi Maiyya sighs: Fine.
She zaps his voice back.
Nandi smiles wide: Oh my, what a lovely setting. Looks like Yashji’s direction. Since he came in here, he has improved the atmosphere immensely.
Devi Maiyya sneers: Who do you think gave him that talent? Me, that’s who.
Nandi (now way smarter): Yes, ma’m. Whatever happens, only you do it.
Devi Maiyya happy with the praise: But I’d admit, that boy had some talent with romance.
Nandi: Uh huh… My Payal and Aakash are made for each other. (He sighs in happiness)
Devi Maiyya sighs: There he goes again. As soon as the mooing stopped, the mooning started.
Nandi pouts.


(Hint: Yash Chopra – Iconic romantic Bollywood movie director/producer with biggest romantic hits under his name. Recently deseased.)


Parking Lot, Bukhara:

ASR drags Khushi to his car.
Khushi shrugs her hand out of his and whispers furiously: What do you think you are doing?
ASR turns to her and says: I thought I am dropping you home. But if you’d rather walk, it’s fine with me.
Khushi sneers: I don’t need you to drop me. I came here with NKji and I can go home with him.
ASR sneers back: Well, guess what? NK is busy for you from now on.
Khushi (wide eyed, innocent expression): Oh, so sorry. Didn’t you hear the breaking news? We don’t own slaves here in India.
ASR grits his teeth: Sit on the car if you know what’s good for you.
Khushi (crosses her arms): No, I won’t. Do what you can do.
ASR smirks: Fine. As you wish.
He bends down, picks up Khushi and strides to his car.
Khushi, at first surprised, starts flailing her arms and legs: Let me go, you Laad Governor. I will report you to police. You will go to jail.
One of the guards at the parking lot comes forward hearing Khushi’s scream: Yeh kya ho raha hain yahan?
(What’s going on in here?)
Khushi looks at her saviour with puppy eyes: Bhaiyaji, aapko dikhai nehin de raha hain? Yeh Laad Governor humme kidnap kar rahe hain aur aap pooch rahe hain ki kya hua?
(Brother, can’t you see? This Laad Governor is kidnapping me and you are asking what’s going on?)
ASR looks at the guy and says with a straight face: This girl is mad. So I’m taking her to her home before she destroys your hotel.
Khushi furiously tells him: I am not mad and you have no right to kidnap me.
The guard asks: Yeh aapki kya lagti hain? (What is she to you?)
ASR answers calmly: Yeh meri wife hain. (She is my wife)
With that, with a mouth wide open Khushi in his arms, he strides to his car.
He opens the door and dumps still surprised Khushi on the passenger seat and goes around to sit on the driver’s side.
Khushi recovers from her shock and tries to escape.
But ASR locks the door automatically from the driver’s side.
Khushi whirls to him and raises her index finger and shouts: You lier. You can’t kidnap me like that. I will report…
ASR ignores her shout and replies: Yeah yeah, police, jail etc. Now shut up and put your seat belt on.
Khushi arrogantly replies: No, I won’t.
ASR bends towards her and pulls the seat belt himself and locks her.
Then he starts driving and Khushi sits there fuming.
They both think what a crappy end to a crappy day.


Nandi (surprised): What the? ASR just grabbed her as if she belongs to him.
Devi Maiyya (giggles, with her little chubby hands on her mouth): I know. (Somersaults in air a couple of time in mirth)
Nandi shakes his head: If Yashji had seen them, he would have committed suicide.
Devi Maiyya shakes in laughter: That's what you think...
Nandi (confused): Is this why you made ASR say that Khushi is his wife?
Devi Maiyya (giggles in her straw, making bubbles in her pepsi): I didn’t make him say it. He did it all by himself.
Nandi (wide eyed): Does it mean that the love is blooming?
Devi Maiyya (twinkling eyes): As Manorama would say, front front see vat vat happenz. (winks)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome as always Tia. There is such a difference between these 2 loves stories

    PAYASH are like a gentle river where as ARHI are like roaring Sea. Absolutely loved the update.

    DM and Nandi were smashing as always.

    Looking forward to next part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual Ti amazing!

    PayAsh pls for heaven sake open up! See even Dara Singh likes her n that both of you know! But liking each other you guys wont express that! When it comes to telling he's smitten by you, your fast Akash but what about your feelings?

    Picking her up and "My Wife" is so Asr!! so love is in the air from one side!! hmm..I wonder when she'll get her Dhak Dhaks!! Sooinsh pls Ti,

    Nandi poor you but You learn as and when time passes :D
    Dm your smart but at times I support nandi kinda too much!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good 1 Tia......u made my day with ASR's comment for Khushi....wife hai yeh meri.....my my my......hez soooo possesive abt her....(swooning)

    Hmmmm...cant wait for more.....

    P.S. I love love love DM & Nandiz convoz to bits!!!

    Thnxs for thr PM.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome update
    loved it
    thanks for the pm
    drunkiiebabe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!

    Blablabla_mo7 IF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was away for few days..What a mind blowing update

    ReplyDelete