Friday, November 2, 2012

Chapter 29


Close to Aravalli Range, out of the city line
Aakash parks the bike and takes out his camping equipment from his backpack.
Payal also takes out her camera bag.
They locate a suitable place to pitch the tent and together put it up.

The Tent:



Aakash takes off his leather jacket and asks Payal: Would you like to go for hiking Payal?
Payal smiles: Sure.
She also takes off her leather jacket, takes her camera bag and start hiking on a nearby trail.
As they walk up on the trail, Payal takes out her camera and starts clicking pictures to capture this beautiful day forever in her memory.
They take pictures of each other where Aakash shares his vast knowledge of geographical landscape and Payal shows him the techniques of photography.
While Payal tries to show Aakash how to focus with her camera, Aakash looks at her lovingly and thinks, “I love you Payal. I wonder what you think about me.”
While Aakash tries to focus through the lenses, Payal looks at him with love and thinks, “I love you Aakash. But I wonder what you feel about me.”


Nandi squeals like a fangirl on ecstacy: OMG OMG OMG… Come on come on… Say it out loud… Kaho Naa Pyaar Hain (Translation: Say Naa, You’re in Love; also a title of a Bollywood movie)
Devi Maiyya (irritated): Right now, I’d prefer Khamoshi… (Translation: Silence, again a title of another Bollywood movie)
Nandi (under her breath): Pyaar Ke Dushman (Enemy of love; title of a Bollywood movie)


Connought Place, New Delhi

NK reached CafĂ© Vagabond shortly after 10 o’clock.
He saw Khushi was standing there already waiting for him

Khushi’s Look:



She smiled when she spotted NK: Hi, NKji.
NK beamed: Hi Khushiji. I’m so happy you called. Aakash went somewhere this morning without telling anyone and you know Nannav, he doesn’t wanna do anything with anybody.
Khushi makes face hearing her boss’s name but then twinkles: Actually, NKji. I know where Aakashji went.
NK (wide eyed): You do?
Khushi beams: Yes, Aakashji went on a nature trip with my sister.
NK (confused): That’s good.
Khushi wide eyed and excited grabs NK’s hands: Don’t you know what that means?
NK’s mind fogs up and eyes go wide seeing Khushi holding his hands. He tries to concentrate: Errrmmm… That your sister likes nature trip like Aakash?
Khushi bounces like a ping pong ball with every word in excitement: No no… That means that Aakashji likes my sister and they are out on a date… (Big wide bright eyes) Together…
NK looks at her beaming face glowing with happiness and says dazedly: Wow…
Khushi beams: Hai naa? (Isn’t it?)
NK manages to nod his head.
Khushi beams: So that’s why I called you here.
NK smiles stupidly, still doesn’t get the point.
Khushi leans closer and whispers: I need your help.
NK (wide eyed, whispers back): Ok.
Khushi (wide eyed thinking): Arre wah, maangne se pehle hi haan kar diya? (Oh wow, he agreed even before I asked?)
But continues aloud: Look NKji, my family is going to meet yours on the wedding next Saturday to finalize Aakashji and my Jiji’s marriage. So we have to make sure everything goes according to the plan. (Pleads) You will help me naa?
NK (nods furiously): Yes, of course.
Khushi beams: I knew it. I knew I could trust only you. You are so sweet NKji. You know what? Because you are being so helpful, I am feeling magnanimous. You can ask anything from me. Go ahead and ask.
NK (wide eyed): Anything?
Khushi beams: Ya. What do you want?
NK smiles wide: You.
Khushi (wide eyed): Kya? (What?)
NK stammers: Errrmm… I mean you to take me for an authentic Indian experience in Delhi.
Khushi beams: That’s it? Chalo aaj hi aap ko Indian experience karwa dete hain. (Let’s go. I will take you for an Indian Experience today)
NK beams at the prospect of spending whole day with Khushi: Okay.
Khushi: But first, we need to go somewhere, then we will do our Indian Experience. Okay?
NK smiles: Okay. Whatever you want, Khushiji.
Khushi smiles: How sweet.
NK blushes.


Nandi scratches hi head: Why is NK ringing the doorbell that's never going to open for him?
Devi Maiyya: There is a human saying, “Just because you aren’t playing that game, doesn’t mean you don’t try your shot at an empty goalpost.”
Nandi (still confused): But what happens when the monster goalie stakes his claim on the goalpost?
Devi Maiyya (wise look): Then a smart man grabs his football and sneaks from the backyard.
Nandi wisely nods at the Goddesses pearls of wisdom: Gotcha. 

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the pm I loved the update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are ok dear..Had been waiting for this :) Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope u r ok.....tc of urself.....

    This is so cute.....i esp like Nandi & DMz convos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome update
    loved it
    thanks for the pm
    drunkiiebabe

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment is written on IF
    Arshi_luv

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh em geee this is an unfinished fic???
    and this is as far as it gets?
    and i have to hope for an update just like i wait for the ten other blogs i waoit up on.. daily??/

    why devi maiyya why!!
    pearls of wisdom my foot.. kuch karo!

    ReplyDelete