Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chapter 31 (Teaser)





Bukhara, ITC Maurya

Khushi stammers: Aaa Aap? (Yooouuu You?)
ASR bends his head on the side and asks: Haan main. Kyun? Tum kisi aur ko expect kar rahee thi? (Yes, me. Why? Were you expecting someone else?)
Khushi grits her teeth: No. We were not expecting ANYONE else.
ASR flashes his evil smile: How nice. It’s always lovely to see people you are not expecting… Isn’t it?
NK clears his throat and says: Nannav, what are you doing here?
ASR (innocent face): Having lunch. What else?
NK tries again: Umm… Are you having lunch all by yourself?
ASR smirks: Why no. I’m having lunch with you…
Khushi screams: WHAT?
ASR bends so his face is close to Khushi’s: Why Ms. Gupta… Do I make you uncomfortable?
Khushi stammers: No. Absolutely not. (Bolder stance) In fact, you don’t even exist for me. (Mentally gives a proud pat on her back for standing up against the Laad Governor)…
ASR’s sharklike smile widens: How wonderful. Then you won’t mind if I join both of you for lunch, will you? (sits down right across from Khushi and NK)
Khushi and NK gulp together while lamenting on their luck which is looking worse and worse with every passing minute.


Nandi (shakes his head): I personally think it’s rude to barge into someone’s lunch.
Devi Maiyya (sarcastic): I personally think it’s rude to give unwanted advice. But you do it all the time too… 

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!

    I love the teaser!

    Can't wait for the speaks to fly and the fight to begin!

    Thank you!

    Wait, am I first?

    JerryTheMouse / Sachi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire her guts even if at tyms its no so gutsy! and boi u have to smirk at every sentence? n poor Nk will be the bearer of all!!
    @Dm & Nandi: you guys can never be ona truce rite, thats the best part of the whole scene! heheheh

    Cant wait for the whole thing

    Cheers for the Pm And happy diwali :)
    Twilightstar_JP

    ReplyDelete