Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chapter 30


ASR’s Office, ASR Designs

ASR barks on the phone: What the? Aman, how many times I told you that I want the file on the fabrics not the accessories? Get me the file right now?
Aman stammers: Yes, sir. I will bring it right away.
ASR slams the phone down.
Aman wipes the sweat from his brow: What happened to ASR today? Seems crazier than usual. Khushiji is right. He is a Laad Governor. (Giggles)
ASR’s voice comes booming: Aman.
Aman scrambles to grab the fabric files and runs to ASR’s office.
Aman stammers: Sir, here’s the fabric file.
ASR snatches the file from his hand and growls: Find out where NK is.
Aman (wide eyed): What?
ASR (sarcastic): Didn’t you hear me, Aman? Find out where my cousin NK is.
Aman confused: Okay. Shall I call a detective agency then? Is he lost?
ASR barks: No. But you’ll be lost from ASR Designs if I don’t get NK’s whereabouts in 30 mins. Get it?
Aman nods furiously and backs out of ASR’s office while pushing his glasses up his nose.


Nandi (confused): What’s it to ASR where NK and Khushi go? He doesn’t like either of them anyway…
Devi Maiyya (smug): There are a lot of things you tell your heart, but will it ever listen?
Nandi (sulks to himself): That’s exactly her problem. She never gives me stuff straight. My followers are complaining that I’m being cryptic, try talking to her for a day and see…


Connought Place, New Delhi:

Khushi takes NK to a shabby looking shop.
NK (confused): Khushiji, why have we come here?
Khushi smiles: NKji, I have designed an outfit for my Jiji and me to wear at the wedding on Saturday when your family meets her. So I have come to pick them up from the tailor.
Masterji beams seeing Khushi: Khushi bitiya, andar aaiye. Aapka design ready hain. Kya aap ek cup chai piyengi jab tak hum aapke kapde andar se leke aate hain?
(Khushi bitiya, come inside. Your design is ready. Would you like to have a cup of tea while I bring them from the back?)
Khushi smiles: Nehin Masterji. Hum thik hain. Aap bas outfits le aaiye. (No Masterji, I’m good. You please just bring the outfits for me.)

Masterji goes in and brings out the first mannequin wearing this lehenga.

Payal’s Lehenga:




NK (wide eyed): Wow…
Khushi beams: Perfect. Now where is mine?
Masterji goes in and brings out the second mannequin wearing another lehenga.

Khushi's Lehenga:



NK (wide eyed): Wow, again.
Khushi beams: Thanks NKji. I’m glad you liked it.
NK smiles: You are very talented Khushiji.
Khushi blushes.
Then she remembers: NKji, now it’s your responsibility to make sure that Aakashji’s Sherwani matches Jiji’s outfit. Make sure that he wears either sky blue or matt gold okay?
NK shows her both thumbs up: Done. (Then thinks for a moment) What should I wear Khushiji?
Khushi smiles: The theme of the wedding is blue. So wear anything with a little blue. Now let’s go and have an authentic Indian lunch.
NK beams: Okay. 
Khushi pays Masterji and NK carries the bags to his car.
Khushi sees NK’s car and goes slack jawed: Wow, NKji.
NK beams: Isn’t it a beauty? It’s a Lambhorghini.
Khushi (confused): Lamb curry what? I was going to say what a lovely colour.
NK’s face falls at Khushi’s complete unappreciation to such an amazing piece of machine. But he beams thinking at least she likes the colour. Their choices are so similar.
Khushi climbs into the car with NK.
NK asks: Where to now, Khushiji?
Khushi smiles: We are going to have an authentic Indian Lunch. So we are off to Bukhara.
Then Khushi directs NK to the restaurant for their lunch.


Nandi (scratches his ear): I don’t understand. Are they on a date?
Devi Maiyya (smiles): May be…
Nandi (confused): But isn’t ASR on his way?
Devi Maiyya (smug): Yes, he is…
Nandi (even more confused): Why are you happy then?
Devi Maiyya (giggles and winks): Unlike your bland diet, I like spice in mine.
Nandi shakes his head in confusion…


ASR’s Office, ASR Designs:

Aman knocks on the door of the office and enters after ASR’s permission: Sir, the detective has informed me that your cousin NK was spotted today with Khushiji at the Connought Place. He was wearing a yellow tee shirt with a purple jacket and Khushiji was wearing a blue anarkali. He was driving a red Lamb…
ASR (sarcastically): I didn’t ask their history. Just tell me where they are now. Are they still in Connought Place?
Aman fumbles with the papers and then pulls out one: No sir. They are having lunch at Bukhara in Chanakyapuri.
ASR gets up, packs his laptop and grabs his suit jacket: Okay. I’m leaving now. You can go too.
Aman can’t believe his luck: I can?
ASR (sarcastically): Didn’t you hear me, Aman?
Aman stammers: Right ASR. I mean sir… Right away.
ASR strides out of his office and drives away in his Black BMW.


Devi Maiyya (gleefully slurps her pepsi): Oh me, Oh me, Oh me…
Nandi (whispers to himself): She obviously got serious case of narcissism. Her devotees don’t remember her as often as she does. No wonder she likes ASR so much.


Bukhara, Chanakyapuri

NK and Khushi were sitting in one of the table waiting for their food while having their Mango Lassi.

Bukhara:





NK (slurping his Lassi): Khushiji, what delicious drink… Thanks so much for bringing me here.
Khushi (too busy gulping down her own Lassi): You are welcome NKji. I’m glad you like it. It’s called Lassi.
NK (wide eyed): Oh… What a lovely name…
Khushi beams a big smile: It’s my favourite drink.
NK beams even bigger smile: From now on, it’s my favourite drink too…
A voice booms behind them sarcastically: How sweet. Looks like we all like the same drink…
Khushi and NK turn around and their mouths hang open…
ASR smirks at them seeing their expression which makes Khushi promptly choke in her drink.


Nandi: Oh poor thing… I think something hit the wrong spot.
Devi Maiyya (giggles): Don’t worry, that thing will hit the right spot soon enough…
Nandi scratches his horns: Huh?
Devi Maiyya (serious): Not for below 18 audience.
Nandi (surprised): Since when I am below 18?
Devi Maiyya (deadpan): I meant 18 million years.
Nandi (pouts): Crap…

7 comments:

  1. tia u had to stop rite der?? n wait dont tel me there will be another huge confusion at the wedding wrt to the outfits? these superbly highly talented brains wudnt ask who is who n wid khushis so called colour theme idea they will just coolly, simply misunderstand again!! no not again! n since when did Asr start having a fancy to liking lassies from black tea??

    Cheers for the pm :)
    Twilightstar_JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful update,Loved it
    Wow,Arnav was feeling Jealous...Thats great..
    & loved the convo b/w Nandi & DM..
    Cant wait for next part..
    Continue soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha.....ur Nandi & DM are mindblowingly hilarious!!!!

    & somebodyz jealous......I like it....I like it a lot!!!!

    Thnxs for the PM.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous update.......

    i luv jealous ASR..

    thanks 4 d pm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful update Tia. Needed this lift up after the news of Barun leaving IPK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant update. Ur talent for humour is umatched! thanks for PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feels. Like I'm watching ipkknd, only a much better chic and funny version!,

    ReplyDelete