Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chapter 21



The Leela Palace, New Delhi

Khushi parks Daisy in the hotel parking lot and enters The Leela Palace which is a 5 star hotel in New Delhi.

The Leela Palace Lobby:




Khushi walks to the reception and asks the receptionist about the photoshoot for ASR Designs.
The receptionist directs her to the Maharaja suite which is the Precidential Suite of The Leela Palace.
Khushi gets into the elevator and reaches the top floor and sees signs posted for the photoshoot. She walks past the rooftop swimming pool towards the Maharaja Suite.

The Suite:



She enters the suite to see people are everywhere and camera, reflector and million other unknown giant equipments are set for the shoot.
She sees a guy handling the main camera. Khushi walks up to him and taps on his back.

The Photographer:


 

Khushi smiles: Hi, I’m Khushi. ASR has sent me to assist the models for the shoot.
The photographer smiles at the angelic face: I’m David. I’m the main photographer for the shoot. The models are in the other room straight across the corridor. By the way, have you done any modeling?
Khushi laughs out loud: Modeling? And me? I don’t like standing still for long time even to get my pictures taken.
David smiles: That’s a shame because you are absolutely gorgeous.
Khushi blushes: Thanks. I will go and help the models for now.

The Other Suite:





Khushi walks into a roomful of tall, gorgeous women in different state of undress and her eyes widen even bigger: Wow…
She walks up to one of them and beams in typical Khushi style: Hi, I’m Khushi. ASR has sent me to assist you.
The models take one look at the petite girl in yellow dress and turn their noses and walk away.
Khushi was surprised at their rudeness. She scowls to herself: How rude.
Then she turns and sees a model preening in front of a giant mirror.
She composes herself and beams again: Hi, I’m Khushi.
The model turns to her and growls: Get lost.
Khushi, surprised at the sudden attack, steps back and bumps into someone’s chest. She hears a shriek and turns to see that a model is looking down at her with a very angry expression.

Cat:



Cat screams at her: Can’t you see where you are going, you idiot? You ruined my nail polish.
Khushi looks at her hands and sees a tiny smudge at one corner of her thumb.
Khushi apologizes: I’m sorry. Shall I apply another coat of nail polish for you?
Cat sneers at her: Oh, so madam is sorry and she will put my nail polish. Do you f&**ing know who I am? Top Manicure Experts from Hollywood do my nails. I won’t let a nobody like you touch my maid’s nails, let alone mine.
Khushi’s temper boils at Cat’s rudeness. She smiles: Oh, well then. Good. So then I will leave you to your Hollywood manicure expert then.
Cat gets even angrier at the sarcastic comment: How dare you talk to me like that? I will get your ass fired from your job.
Khushi beams: Really? Then why don’t you?
Other models, who were watching the exchange, start laughing at Cat’s angry face.
Cat leans down to Khushi until her face is close to her: You don’t know who you have messed with. Just wait and watch what happens.
Khushi looks straight into Cat’s eyes and says: I’m looking forward to it.
ASR’s deep baritone booms in the room: So am I…


Aakash’s Office, ASR Designs:

Aakash jumps from his seat and rushes to NK: NK bhai, what a pleasant surprise. Welcome to India. Why did not you call me? I would have picked you up from the airport.
NK beams: If I had called you then how would I see this surprise on your face?
Aakash beams: True.
NK asks: Where is Nannav?
Aakash: Bhai has gone to a photoshoot for our upcoming calendar at The Leela Palace.
NK: No problem. I will meet him on my way to home. (He rummages in his carry bag) Look what I got you.
NK takes out three watches: One for you, one for Nannav and one for Mausaji (Mamaji).

Aakash’s watch:





Arnav’s watch:




Mamaji’s Watch:





Aakash wears his new watch and smiles at NK: Thanks. But what did you get for mom.
NK looks sheepish: Aakash, you know naa how bad I’m shopping for Masi (Mamiji)? When I bought her a perfume, it made her sneeze. When I bought her make up, it gave her rashes. So I could not think of what to buy for her so I did not buy anything.
Aakash’s eyes widen: Nothing? NK bhai, you know mom right? She won’t let you come inside the house, until you get her something.
NK gets worried: You are right. What should I get masiji?
Aakash assures NK: Go downstairs to Maddy and tell him to give you a saree. Mom will never know the difference between our designed saree and saree bought from Canada.
Note: NK lives in Canada, because Avni and I do.
NK sighs in relief: Thanks Aakash. You are a lifesaver. I will go and grab one then go meet Nannav before I go home.
Aakash: NK bhai, you take a cab to shoot and I will grab your luggage in my car. I am also coming to the photoshoot before lunch. We can go home together from there.
NK smiles: That’s a great idea. Thanks Aakash.
NK goes downstairs to see Maddy.

Maddy’s Studio, ASR Designs:

NK walks in and sees Maddy: Hey Maddy. What’s up?
Maddy sees NK and smiles: NK, my buddy. How are you handsome?
NK clears his throat in embarrassment: Ehm.. yeah, I’m fine. Listen, I need a favour from you.
Maddy waves his hand in front of NK’s face: No need to explain, my dear. Aakash called me and told me your little problem. Just go to that wall and pick anything that you like (Points his finger on the general direction at the back). I would have helped you pick one myself. But I’m so busy working on our upcoming “Tradition meets Elegance” line that I have no time even to have sex.
NK decides to scoot now: Oh… Humm… That’s sad. No worry, I will help myself.
NK moves towards the back of the studio and bumps into a tall, dusky girl.
NK smiles apologetically: Sorry.
LA looks dreamily at the tall, fair guy with the sweetest smile and flirts: No problem. You can run into me anytime…
NK smiles distractedly and goes to the rack in front of the wall to look for a suitable saree. He knows that Manorama likes only bright colours.
There were a bunch of pastel shaded sarees hanging on a rack, but only one bright coloured saree lying separately from the pile on a table with a matching blouse and silk petticoat. He decides since this saree is bright coloured and comes with everything, he might as well take it. So he grabbed the saree with all the extra stuff and runs out showting a hurried thanks to Maddy.


Nandi scowls: I’m not particularly fond of that colour. It makes me feel strangely restless.
Devi Maiyya smiles smugly: Precisely the reaction I need… (Pops some popcorn in her mouth)


The Other Suite, The Leela Palace:

Cat whirls hearing ASR’s voice and throws herself crying crocodile tears in his arms: ASR, that nasty girl is being so rude to me. Will you let that happen to your showstopper?
Khushi mutters to herself seeing the slobbering act: I think I’m going to be sick.
ASR smirks at Khushi: So Khushi Kumari Gupta, I see you really lack people skills. I leave you alone with the models for 5 minutes and already you have managed to piss off my showstopper.
Khushi flashes her own smirk: My people skills are just fine. But I think I need to brush up my animal skills for a certain cat.
Cat looks at ASR expecting him to explode but sees a strange glint in his eyes she has never seen before in his face. That pisses her off.
She stalks to Khushi and raises her hand to slap her: You b&*ch…
Khushi squeezes her eyes tight in fright, but she does not feel anything.
She slowly opens her eyes to see that ASR has stopped Cat’s hand before they could touch her.
Cat looked at ASR shocked: You stopped me? For this nobody?
ASR looked at Cat steely calm: Noone raises hands on her.
Cat screams shrilly: Who is she to you?
ASR answers calmly: That’s none of your business.
Cat snatches her hand back and shouts at ASR: Then get her to be your showstopper. I’m leaving.
Cat snatches her bag and walks out of the room.
Khushi looks at ASR in surprise at the sudden change of attitude.
ASR looks at Khushi’s expression and smirks: What a brilliant idea. You are now my showstopper.
Khushi’s mouth hangs open: What? I’m not a model.
ASR raises his brow sneeringly at her not-much-considerable height: I’d have never guessed that. But too bad. You pissed off my showstopper, now you gotta take her place.
Khushi thinks to herself: How bad will it be? All I have to do is wear clothes and get my picture taken. I got so many pictures at home. I will just imagine that Dad is clicking my pics.
She says out loud: Okay fine. Give me her dress.
ASR smirks and holds out his hand. One of the assistants places a bag on ASR’s hand. ASR hands Khushi the bag.
Khushi opens the bag and finds a pair of gloves and the outfit.

ASR’s Showstopper’s outfit:


Khushi pulls out the lingerie and gasps: Where is the rest of the dress?
ASR smiles nastily: That is the dress or shall I say, lingerie. This is a lingerie photoshoot. Did I forget to inform you that?
Khushi realizes ASR’s game.
She pulls herself to her full length and looks at ASR: I will not wear this.
ASR bends down until his face almost touches her: Well, you have no choice. You ran off my showstopper and now you will have to. Either you will be my showstopper or you will pay me Rs. 5,000,000 for sabotaging my calendar shoot.
Khushi narrows her eyes: No way in hell I will do a lingerie shoot.
ASR (menacingly): We’ll see who wins this time.
Khushi (matching his stare): We’ll see.


Nandi whines: That colour again? (Then his eyes brighten) Devi Maiyya, Devi Maiyya… Will Khushi be showstopper for launje-rie shoot?
Devi Maiyya smirks: Hummm… Yes and no.
Nandi confused: What? Yes or no?
Devi Maiyya (eyes gleaming): Both (Giggles to herself and sucks her pepsi)
Nandi (muttering): Great… I have to turn out to be a puzzle maker from the most trusted spoiler giver. My followers are gonna love me.


4 comments:

  1. Woah.. Lingerie shoot for sexy khushi.. David is in for treat..

    Loved the update..

    ReplyDelete
  2. frankly, i love devi mayyas comments more dan d arhi convos....well, nt convos.....fights u cn call em....anyways, comin bak to topic, xcellent update...keep goin....i wanna know hw devi mayyas comment comes true....so plz pm me wen u update....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahha!

    NK is too cute! And I love the spat between Arnav and Khushi!

    But more than them, it's DM and Nandi that are the most entertaining!

    Thank you!
    JerryTheMouse - IF

    ReplyDelete
  4. rofl spoiler maker to puzzle maker.. what has devi maiyya turned nandi into...

    ReplyDelete