Monday, September 17, 2012

Chapter 23


Maharaja Suite, The Leela Palace

ASR gets irritated by NK’s constant chatter. He picks up the phone to call Aakash.
Aakash’s phone rings right behind him.
He turns to see Aakash and Payal standing there.
He strides back to Aakash: Aakash, there is a problem in the office. What are you doing here?
Aakash gets surprised: Bhai, you arranged this impromptu photoshoot. I had to come to check the budget with you and get your signature.
ASR shakes his head irritatedly: Never mind. Just get back to office as soon as possible. The show stopper saree is missing. Maddy just called me and said he put the saree on the table to fix some glitches but he can’t find it now. I don’t know why I only get the idiots to work for me, but…
NK’s eyes widen in surprise. Aakash notices that and asks NK: NK bhai, did you pick the showstopper’s saree for mom by mistake?
NK stammers: I don’t know Aakash bhai. I asked Maddy. He said pick any saree. I picked a Red one from the table because that was the only bright coloured saree there. You know, masi loves bright colours.
ASR (angry): What? You could not have asked someone? Anyway, where’s the damn saree? Give it to Aakash. He will take it back to the office.
NK stammers some more: Ummm… I can’t do that. I gave it to someone already.
ASR, about to shout at NK for giving away his show stopper’s saree, feels a sudden breeze that ruffles his hair followed by a sudden hush among the chaos that was going on a few seconds ago.


ASR turns to see Khushi standing on the door of the suite in his showstopper’s blood red saree with a halterneck blouse looking like a naked flame.
Her open hair were flying away from her face by the wind coming from the door left open on the poolside where Arnav, Aakash, Payal and NK were standing.
Nightlife by Harry Winston chandelier earrings, provided by him for the shoot, was cascading down her ears, almost kissing her porceline shoulder.
Her big, bright eyes, highlighted by smoky kohl, are gleaming mysteriously while her almost rose tinted lips, in contrast, are looking as if never been touched by anything but a smile…
ASR could not take his eyes off her…


Nandi smiles in awe: Our girl is looking so pretty…
Devi Maiyya (raises her brow): Our girl? Excuse me?
Nandi ignores her totally and stretches his smile even bigger.



NK’s mouth hangs open and eyes glaze over: Wow… She is gorgeous…
Aakash smiles affectionately at Khushi and nods in agreement.
NK’s voice pulls ASR back from his trance and he scowls at NK and Aakash.
He strides to Khushi and shouts: What the hell are you wearing Khushi Kumari Gupta?
Khushi looks at ASR and raises her brow: Why? Do you need glasses? I’m wearing a saree.
ASR’s temper boils: No, I don’t need freaking glasses. But did you forget that this is a lingerie shoot?
Khushi (eyes wide, innocent face): Hawww… Really? It was? No one told me that before I came here. I thought it was an ASR Designs photoshoot.
ASR shouts: It is an ASR Designs photoshoot.
Khushi (pretending to be confused): Really? Then what is the problem?
ASR clenches his teeth: What the hell are you wearing?
Khushi (exasperated): Really have to work those brain cells now, Mr. Raizada. Now see, this (points finger at the floor) is an ASR Designs photoshoot, this (points at the saree) is an ASR Designs creations, this (points at her face) is the model for the shoot, capische?
ASR was about to retort when the photographer interrupts: ASR, I think she is looking gorgeous. She will look amazing in the picture.
ASR whirls in anger, but then Aakash interrupts: Yes, bhai. Khushi is looking gorgeous. From business standpoint, it’s a brilliant idea. We have been trying to break into Indian ethnic wear market. What better way to promote that than our next year calendar featuring our Indian line?
NK adds more oil to ASR’s already boiling fire: Yes, Nannav. I think Desi girl (Indian girl) is hot…
ASR, outvoted by everyone, bites out: Fine. Do whatever you please.
Then he strides to the corner of the room and takes out his phone to let Maddy know where the saree was finally found.
Khushi gave a big beaming smile at NK and Aakash.
NK smiled back at her and gave her thumbs up indicating best of luck.
Aakash also smiled and winked at her indicating everything is good.
Payal looked up at Aakash to show her gratitude for not making her sister do lingerie modeling, when she noticed Aakash’s smile and the wink.
She gets shocked as she has never seen Aakash winking at anybody. She looks at Khushi and her beaming smile at Aakash and thinks to herself: Do Khushi and Aakash like each other? (She thinks worriedy) I will have to find out. I don’t want to hurt my sister by stealing the man she loves. If they like each other, I will have to step back.
Aakash turns to Payal to see her worried expression: Payal? What is the matter? Is everything all right?
Payal tries to smile: I’m fine Aakash. Shall we get the signature and go? I remembered some work I have to do at the office.
Aakash (surprised): But what about lunch?
Payal smiles sadly: I will get a sandwich from the lunch room. Don’t worry.
Aakash (disappointed, but understanding): Okay. Let’s get Bhai’s sign on this and go.


Nandi splutters: What?
Devi Maiyya (sarcastically): That’s what happens when you and human being mingle too much. I told you to not be too friendly with Payal. Now her brain cells are being affected by yours.
Nandi (pouts): She likes me. She told me that I’m very understanding…
Devi Maiyya (sneers): Of course. But if she gets any more understandings from you, someone else will fly away with Aakash while she is standing, from under her nose… Get it?
Nandi scratches his head worriedly.


The photoshoot starts and David starts taking Khushi’s pictures.
ASR was staring at Khushi standing in the corner and brooding when Aakash and Payal walks up to him with the budget file.
Aakash: Bhai, we need your sign in this file.
ASR, without taking his eyes off Khushi, just grabs the file and signs.
Aakash notices ASR’s attention at Khushi and thinks to himself: Looks like Bhai met his match. I have to tell Nani.
Then he smiles at himself secretively and leaves with Payal.


David tries to pose Khushi when she suddenly feels someone’s gaze on her. She looks up to see ASR is standing in the corner, looking at her in a steady, pantherish gaze. She feels suddenly as if the temperature of the room has gone up.
Khushi thinks to herself: Dekho kaise ghoor rahe hain? Jaise ki humme kachha chaba jayega. Jaroor pichle janam mein koi khoonkhaar jaanwar tha…
(Look how he is staring? As if he will eat me raw. I’m sure he was a ferocious animal in previous life)…
Khushi tries to intimidate him by narrowing her eyes at him.
ASR’s eyebrow goes up at her pitiful attempt of intimidation. He stalks to where the photoshoot going on and sits on a couch right in front of where Khushi was getting her picture taken.
 Khushi fumes some more and thinks: Lo, yeh to aur bhi bura hua. Unhe yehi jagah mili thi baithne ko? Hamare hi muh ke saamne? Hey Devi Maiyya, hum hi kyun?
(This is even worse. There was only this place to sit? In front of my face? Hey devi Maiyya, why me?)…


Devi Maiyya (smugly): Baby, agar woh tumhare saamne nehin aayega to kahan jayega? Maine bhaagne ke liye jagah hi kahan choda hain?
(Baby, if he does not come to you then where would he go? I have hardly left him any place to run)
Nandi (worried): Lekin meri Payal ka kya hoga?
(But what will happen to my Payal?)
Devi Maiyya (irritated): Nothing.
Nandi (shocked): What? Oh no… (starts crying fat tears) Oh my Payal baby, I’m so sorry…
Devi Maiyya (exasperated): Off ho… Nothing means, nothing bad will happen. Stop reading too much into my cryptic messages…
Nandi stops crying and sniffs into a piece of cloud while discreetly posting in his heavenly blog…

Spoiler: For all the tensed soul out there, don’t worry. My most trusted source confirmed, nothing bad will happen to Payal. So relax and take deep breathes.

Please do not copy my spoilers to any other heavenly or hellish blogs. This is my spoiler and I retain all rights to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment