Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 6



DLF Emporio:
Naniji and mamiji grabs a coffee each from Cafe E and calls their driver, Mohan.
Naniji: Mohan, humara shopping ho gaya. Aap gadi saamnewale darwaze ke saamne le aaiye.
(Mohan, our shopping is done. Please bring the car to the front entrance.)
Mohan: Ji naniji. Main bas 5 minute mein aata hoon.
(Yes Naniji, I will be there in 5 mins)
Naniji: Achcha. (Turns to Manorama) Manorama, humne Mohan ko bol diya hain ke who humme saamne wale darwaze se pick kar lega. Chaliye hum bahar chalte hain.
(Okay. Manorama, I have told Mohan to bring the car to the front entrance. Let's get out there)
Mamiji: Ji sasu maa.
(Yes, mother-in-law)
Naniji & mamiji go out.

DLF Emporio:




Khushi was having her coffee sitting in the bench in front of the Gucci store talking to AJ on the phone.
Khushi: Arre? Kahan naa humme Rowdy Rathore dekhna hain? Kam se kam entertainment to hain... Humme bekar ki Shanghai nehin dekhna. Humko to darling entertainment chahiye. Jana hain to bol warna hum KT ke saath chale jayenge.
(Arre. I said I want to watch Rowdy Rathore. At least it's entertainment. I don't want to watch Shanghai. I want entertainment, darling. If you wanna go, tell me or I will go with KT)
Khushi: Achcha thik hain phir. Ticket kharidke humme bata dena kitne baje ka show hain. Lekin hum 6 baje se pehle nehin aa payenge. Jiji ko pick karna hain aur ghar bhi chodna hain. Thik hain ab chalte hain. Aaj shaam ko milenge. Chal...
(Okay fine. Get the tickets and let me know the time of the show. But I can't come before 6. I have to pick up my sister and drop her at home. Okay I gotta go. I will see you tonight. Bye)
Khushi disconnects her phone and starts texting the rest of the gang tonight's plan.
Naniji & mamiji comes out and sits beside Khushi. Mohan calls Naniji.
Mohan: Naniji, gadi start nehin ho rahee hain. Lagta hain koi problem hain. Main isko thik karane ki koshish karta hoon.
(Naniji, the car is not starting. I think there is a problem. I will try to fix it)
Naniji (worried): Manorama, yeh to bahut problem ho gayee. Mohan ne kahan ki gadi start nehin ho rahee hain. Ab hum log ghar kaise jayenge? Taxi le le?
(Manorama, we have a problem. Mohan said that the car is not starting. How we will go home now? Shall we take taxi?)
Manorama: Nehin nehin sasu maa... Taxi ma itna mehenga samaan leke hum challenge aur taxiwala hum jaisi khobsurat aur amir aurat ko dekhke hum ko kidnap kar liya to?
(No no, mother-in-law. We have such expensive stuff with us. And if we take taxi and the driver tries to kidnap us seeing beautiful and rich women?)
Naniji (Irritated): Manorama, aap bhi kya baat kar rahee hain...
(Manorama, what are you talking about?)
Khushi: Excuse me, sorry humne aapki baatein sun li. Aap logon ko kahan jana hain?
(Excuse me, I heard you talking. Where do you need to go?)
Naniji and mamiji turn around and see a beautiful girl with the brightest smile.
Naniji (Grateful smile): Vasant Vihar.
Khushi: Arre woh to paas mein hi hain. Waise bhi hum yahan pe bore ho rahe hain, to chaliye hum aapko chod dete hain...
(Arre, that is very close. I was getting bored here anyway. So let me drop you off)
Mamiji grabs nani (whispering): Hello Hi Bye Bye, Sasu ma, kahin yeh ladki killer hui to?
(Mother-in-law, what if this girl is a killer?)
Khushi hears that and controls her smile.
Naniji (Whispering): Aap bhi naa... Inko dekhke aapko lag raha hain ke woh killer hain? Aap aaj kal kuch jyada hi cinema dekh rahee hain. (Loudly) Dhanyabad beta. Lekin aapko koi kaam to nehin hain?
(You are too much... This girl is looking killer to you? You watch too many movies these days. Thank you, my dear. But don't you have anything else to do?)
Khushi (Smiled back): Arre nehin nehin auntyji. Hum yahan apne jiji ka intezaar kar rahe hain. Woh yahan paas mein interview dene gayee hain. Hum bas unke khatam hone ka intezaar kar rahe the. Aap rukiye. Hum apni car lekar aate hain.
(No auntyji. I was waiting for my sister. She is giving her interview closeby. I'm just waiting for her to get done. You wait here. I will get my car)
Khushi gets Daisy and comes back... Nani can't help but smile looking at Daisy. Mamiji wrinkles her nose.

They hop in the car. Naniji in the front with Khushi. Mamiji in the back with shopping bags.
Mamiji: Hello Hi Bye Bye... Ee car hain ya phoolon ki dukan...
(It's a car or a flower shop?)
Khushi could not help herself teasing her: Phoolon ki dukan hi to hain auntyji... Humme phool bahut pasand hain to humne socha ki poora bagicha hi saath liye chalte hain. Hamara dil bhi garden garden ho jayega... Isi liye to humne apni car ka naam Daisy rakhha hain...
(It's a flower shop, auntyji. I love flowers so I thought I will take the entire garden with me. My heart will also feel garden garden. That's why I named my car, Daisy)
Naniji hides her giggles. Manorama makes faces...
RM:
Khushi, Naniji and mamiji reaches RM. After naniji and mamiji got out, Khushi started her car.
Khushi: Achcha auntyji, hum chalte hain. Phir milenge chalte chalte...
(Okay auntyji. I am leaving. Will see you again on my way some day)
Naniji: Arre nehin nehin. Hum aapko aise kaise jaane de sakte hain. Aapko andar aana hi hoga. Aapko bina kuch khilaye hum yahan se jaane nehin denge.
(Arre no no. I won't let you go like this. You have to come inside. I won't let you leave without eating anything)
Khushi (Thinking fast): Hai khana. Humko to bhook bhi lagee hain. 5 plate golgappe se pet thodi naa bharta hain. Pata nehin jiji ko kitni der lagegi.
(Hai food. I'm so hungry. 5 plate golgappa does not do anything for me. I don't know how long jiji is going to take)
(Loudly): Aap itni insist kar rahee hoon to hum aa jaate hain auntyji...
(If you are insisting, I will come inside, auntyji)
Mamiji (whispering): Ee lo... zabardasti karne ka mauka kahan mila... Hello Hi Bye Bye...
(When did we get the chance to insist?)
Naniji: Humme naniji kahiye beta. Waise aapne aapna naam kya bataya?
(Call me naniji. What did you say your name was?)
Khushi (beams): Hamara naam Khushi hain naaniji...
(My name is Khushi, naniji)
Naniji: Arre wah... Jaisi aap waisi hi aapka naam... Bahut pyaara naam hain...
(Oh wow... your name is just like you. Very sweet name)
Mamiji (whispering): Ab khushi khushi apne ghar chalee jaati to hum bhi khush ho jaate.
(If you went home happily, we would have been happy too)
Khushi hears and winks to mamiji: Ab auntyji, aap humme khana khilayengi to hum khushi khushi hi ghar jayenge naa... Aap bhi khush, hum bhi khush... sab khush khush...
(Auntyji, if you feed me, then I will go home happy. You are happy, I'm happy... Everyone is happy happy)
Naniji laughs out loud: Andar aaiye beta.
(Come in, my dear)
Khushi follows them inside.

Living Room:




Khushi and Naniji sit in their living room. Mamiji leaves to freshen up. 
Khushi: Arre wah naniji. Aapka to bahut khubsurat ghar hain. 
(Oh my naniji. Your home is beautiful.) 
Naniji: Thank you beta. Aap kya khayenge? 
(What will you eat?) 
Khushi: Naniji, hum to sab kuch khate hain. Aap jo bhi khilayenge hum kha lenge. 
(Naniji, I eat everything. Whatever you feed me, I will eat)
Naniji smiles and calls Hari Prakash through intercom and asks him to get assorted snacks.
Naniji: Beta aapke ghar mein kaun kaun hain? 
(Who do you have in your family, my dear) 
Khushi: Ji hamare papa, hamari mummy, hamari bua aur jiji. 
(My dad, my mummy, my aunty and my elder sister) 
Naniji: Aapke papa kya karte hain? 
(What does your father do?) 
Khushi: Woh doctor hain. 
(He is a doctor) 
Naniji: Achcha? Yeh to bahut badiya kaam hain. Kya naam hain unka? 
(Really? That's a great job. What is his name?) 
Khushi: Dr. Shashi Gupta. 
Naniji: Aapke papa kahan ke rehnewale hain? 
(Where is your father from?) 
Khushi: Ji woh Lucknow se hain lekin hum bahut saalon se Delhi mein reh rahe hain. 
(He is from Lucknow, but we have been living in Delhi for a long time) 
Naniji beams: Achcha? Hum bhi Lucknow se hi hain. Aapka ghar yahan kahan pe hain? 
(Really? I'm from Lucknow too. Where do you live here?) 
Khushi: Green Park 
Naniji: Aur aapki amma? 
(And your mother?) 
Khushi: Ji woh housewife hain. 
(She is a housewife) 
Naniji: Aap kya karti hain? 
(What do you do?) 
Khushi: Hum NIFT... hamara matlab hain National Institute of Fashion Technology mein Fashion Designing ka course kar rahe hain... 
(I'm doing Fashion Designing course from NIFT... i.e. National Institute of Fashion Technology) 
Naniji (Lights up): Achcha? (In mind): Yeh ladki hamare Arnav bitwa ke liye bilkul sahi rahegi. 
(Really? This girl is perfect for my Arnav bitwa) 
HP brings scones, croissants, samosas with juice and tea. 
Khushi: Arre wah... Yeh to bahut saara khana hain. (Turns to HP) Thank you. Aapka naam kya hain? 
(Arre wah... This is so much food? Thank you. What's your name?) 
HP gets flustered. No guest has ever acknowledged his presence, let alone thank him or asked his name before. He shyly replies: Ji Hari Prakash. 
Khushi beams her big smile again: Sukriya Hari Prakashji. Yeh khana bahut achcha dikh raha hain. 
(Thank you Hari Prakashji. This food is looking delicious) 
HP blushes to the root of his almost hairline and leaves. 
Naniji: (Thinking to herself) Ab hum to maan chuke hain ki Devi Maiyya ne yeh ladki bas hamare Arnav bitwa ke liye hi bheja hain. Itne achche sanskar aur tehzeeb. Sirf yehi hain jo hamare Arnav bitwa ko sahi raaste pe laa sakti hain. 
(Now I'm convinced that Devi Maiyya has sent this girl for my Arnav bitwa. Such culture, such grace... Only she can bring Arnav bitwa to the right track) 
Naniji starts imagining them together. 
Devi Maiyya smiles gleefully and rubs her hands up there.




ASR Designs: 
Aakash: Congratulations Payal. You have been selected for the job. When can you start? 
Payal: Can I start from Monday? 
Aakash: Sure. Why not? Why don't you come with me and I will show you around the office as well as show you your office. 
They get out and go to Aakash's floor. 
Aakash: This is my office. As Financial Analyst, you will work closely with me and report to me and my dad who is president of ASR Designs. Your office is right next to mine and the office next to you is my dad's office. 

Payal's Office:




Aakash knocks on mamaji's door. 

Mamaji's Office:





Aakash: Dad, may we come in? 
Mamaji: Yes. Aakash, Mohan called and said your mother's car is not starting. I have to go home to see if they have arrived safely.
Aakash: That's okay. But before you go, meet our new Financial Analyst, Ms. Payal Gupta. She will be in the office next to you. 
Mamaji smiles at Payal and they shake hands. 
Mamaji: Welcome to ASR Designs. I'm sorry I will have to leave now. But I'm looking forward to working with you. 
Payal (smiles back): Same here.
Mamaji goes out. 
Aakash: Come Payal, I will show you around the office, then you may leave. 
Payal: Thank you.



RM:

Mamiji comes back to the living room and seats on the couch. 
Naniji smiled at Khushi eating her snacks and was amazed when she cleaned out all the food. 
Naniji: Beta aur kuch chahiye? 
(My dear, do you need anything else?) 
Khushi: Nehin Naniji. Bas ab pet bhar gaya. Sukriya... 
(No naniji. I am done now. Thank you.) 
Mamiji: Ee ke baad bhi agar pet nahin bhara to aur kab bharega. Pet hain ya kua? Jitni bhi daalo, jagah ban hi jata hain... Hello Hi Bye Bye...
(If her tummy is not full even after this, when will it be full? Is it tummy or bottomless pit? No matter how much you put, it's always has space) 
Khushi winks: Yeh Devi Maiyya ka aashirwad hain auntyji. Jitna daalo utna bharega... 
(It's Devi Maiyya's blessing auntyji. It's never enough) 
Naniji (Giggling, in her thoughts): Hum to Arnav bitwa ke baare mein soch rahe the, yeh ladki to hamare Manorama ke liye bhi sahi hain... Chalo Arnav bitwa ke saath saath, Manorama ka bhi kalyan ho jayega...
(I was thinking about Arnav bitwa, this girl is even perfect for Manorama... Fine... With Arnav bitwa, Manorama will also get some lessons)
In the meanwhile, Mamaji arrives: Amma, aap sab thik to hain? Mohan ne phone karke bataya ki gadi kharab pad gayee. 
(Mother, are you all right? Mohan called and said that the car was not starting) 
Naniji: Aap fikar mat kijiye. Gadi kharap ho gayee thi. Lekin yeh Khushi bitiya ne humme apne ghar tak pahucha diya... 
(You don't worry. Car was not starting. But Khushi gave us lift to our home) 
Mamaji looks and sees a doll like girl with the most beautiful doe eyes looking up at him... 
His heart melted just like Naniji: Sukriya bitiya. 
(Thank you, my dear) 
Khushi beamed back: Koi baat nehin uncleji. 
(No problem, uncleji) 
Naniji: Unhe mamaji kahiye, Khushi bitiya. 
(Call him mamaji, my dear) 
Khushi: Achcha. To hum auntyji ko kya mamiji kahen? 
(Okay. So shall I call auntyji, mamiji?)
Naniji: Bilkul... 
(Absolutely) 
Mamiji: Lo bolo... Jaan naa pehchaan main tera mehmaan... 
(This is called becoming unwanted guests before introduction) 
Khushi teased: Woh to ban hi gaye hain, ab aate jaate rahenge to jaan pehchan bhi ho jayegi... Kyun mamiji? 
(Guests I have already become. Now I will keep coming so we will get the introduction done as well. What say mamiji?) 
Mamaji and naniji laughs out loud at Manorama's expression. 
Khushi's phone rings... 
Khushi: Hello? Jiji? Tumhara interview ho gaya? Achcha tum bas office ke bahar ruko. Hum bas 15 minute mein wahan pahuchte hain... Achcha. Bye... See you then. 
(Hello? Jiji? Your interview is done? Okay, then you wait outside the office. I will be there in 15 minutes. Okay... bye) 
Khushi turns to naniji: Naniji, humme ab jaana hoga. Hamari jiji hamara intezaar kar rahee hain. 
(Naniji, I will have to go now. My jiji is waiting for me.) 
Naniji: Khushi bitiya, ab aa gaye hain to aate jaate rahiyega.
(Khushi, now that you have come to our home, come again) 
Khushi: Achcha... 
(Okay) 
Khushi leaves from one side and Arnav's car enters from another. 
Arnav enters the living room and sees his family in the living room.



Arnav: Kya baat hain? Aap sab yahan? 
(What is it?Why is everyone here?) 
Naniji narrates today's story with elaborate praises of Khushi's beauty, generosity and her grace. 
Arnav (smirking): Really? And this paragon of virtue in the body of supermodel did not ask for anything in return? Which means she is gonna come back for something more... 
Naniji (angry): Chote, duniya mein har koi matlabi nehin hota. Yeh aap kab samjhenge. 
(Chote, everyone is not selfish in this world. When will you get that?) 
Aakash arrives and walks in... 
Aakash: Kya hua dadi? 
(What happened dadi?) 
Naniji tells about her experience again with Khushi. 
Aakash: Hold on... Did you say Khushi? Was she this petite girl with big doe eyes with a big smile? Wearing a white long top with jeans? 
Naniji (amazed that Aakash knew her): Haan. Aap ko kaise pata? 
(Yes, how do you know?) 
Arnav: Don't tell me Aakash she is your ex and now stalking our family hoping to snare you... 
Naniji glares at Arnav. 
Aakash laughs: Nehin nehin bhai. Aaj subhe hi main usse mila. Maine aapko bola tha naa ke main NIFT jaa raha hoon Internship program ke baare mein baat karne? Wahan main Khushi se mila. Bahut pyaari ladki hain. 
(No no bhai... I met her this morning. I told you I was going to NIFT to discuss Internship Program. I met Khushi there. She is a lovely girl) 
Naniji: Haan unhone kahan tha ki who wahan pe Fashion ka padai kar rahee hain. 
(Yes, she said that she is doing a course in fashion there..) 
Arnav (with his signature one eyebrow up): You mean she is hot... and you liked her. 
Aakash: Bhai aisi koi baat nehin. Waise aapko batana tha ke maine hamare liye aaj Financial Analyst hire kar liya. Unka naam Payal Gupta hain. Maine aapko resume email kiya tha naa. 
(Bhai, it's nothing like that. Anyways, I wanted to tell you that I have hired a Financial Analyst for us. Her name is Payal Gupta. I had emailed you her resume before.) 
Arnav: Haan. Good. When is she starting? 
Aakash: From Monday. 
Arnav: Great. I'm going to my room. See you tomorrow. 
Arnav leaves.


ASR Designs:
Khushi: Jiji... How was your interview? Did they like you? Did you like them? You won't believe what happened today...
Payal (laughs): Bas bas toofan mail... tu chup karegi to hum bolenge naa... Yes I got the job. I liked him and he liked me. Now tell me what happened today.
(Stop, fast mail... You will shut up, then I will get chance to speak naa? )
Khushi (grabbing the most important part): Hold on... HIM... Who is HIM? Was HE handsome? Did HE flirt with you? Bolo bolo (Tell tell)
Payal (blushing): Shut up, drama queen. It was nothing like that...
Khushi (seriously): That's good. You can't like HIM whoever HE is. Because I already met your future husband today... What style, what looks, what smile... Hai... I swear Di, you will faint if you see him...
Payal (mouth a big "o"): What?
Khushi narrates all incidents from this morning including meeting Naniji and mamiji...
Payal: Wow... what a day. You met quite a lot of people today... why don't you marry this hunk then?
Khushi (smugly): Nope... He is perfect for you. I don't poach on my behna's suhag (husband)... And yup. And I loved today. It was sooo much fun. You know jiji, if I could fit the handsome hunk in the house I went today, that would be perfect sasural (in-laws) for you. But since I can't do that, I will fit you with the hunk instead.
Payal (smiles & shakes her hear): Pagal (Crazy)...
Devi Maiyya (Listening to Munna bhai song and singing out loud): Samjho ho hi gaya... La la la... Samjho ho hi gaya...
(Consider it done, La la la, consider it done)...

PRECAP: PAYAL MEETS ASR

No comments:

Post a Comment