Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 8


One month later...
Payal was waiting for Aakash for a meeting in the boardroom. Aakash was running late.

Payal's Look:






In the last month of their working together, they have become quite comfortable with each other. In fact, they have started liking each other even more than before. He came in 10 minutes later...

Aakash's Look:







Aakash: Sorry Payal. I had to stop at Bhai's office to discuss the upcoming fashion show.
Payal: Which fashion show?
Aakash (smiled): We are one of the major sponsors of NIFT annual fashion show and in return, our brand is on every invitation card and we get a chance to pick the best student for our internship program.
Payal (Thinks about Khushi): That's great Aakash. So what happens if someone gets selected for Internship Program?
Aakash: Well, then they train as Junior Designer under Maddy, our head designer and if they are good, they eventually get hired as senior designer with all the perks and regular shows in International platform.
Payal (smiles): That's great...
Aakash: Shall we get the meeting started? But before then, here's your coffee exactly like mine, one cream, one sugar...
Payal: Thanks.


Payal calls Khushi on her lunch break after the meeting was over...
Payal: Khushi, tu humme lunch break mein mil sakti hain?
(Khushi, can you meet me at lunch break today?)
Khushi: Haan. Kyun nehin? (Yes, why not?) When and where?
Payal: 12 baje Last Drop Cafe. But you pick me up from work at quarter to 12.
(12 o'clock at Last Drop Cafe)
Khushi: Haan woh humme pata hain kahan hain. Thik hain. Hum phir tumhare office aate hain aur wahan se tumko pick karte hain. Thik hain?
(Yes, I know where it is. Okay. I will then pick you up from your office. Okay?)
Payal: Thik hain. Yahan aake humme call karna, hum niche aa jaenge.
(Okay. Then call me when you get here. I will come down)
Khushi: Kyun? Humme tumhari office dekhni hain. Niche se kyun bhaga rahee ho humme?
(Why? I want to see your office. Why are you sending me out from downstairs)
Payal: Achcha baba. Thik hain. Yahan aake reception mein Sarah ko bolna ki humse milne aayee hain. Woh tujhe siddha hamare floor pe le aayegi. Phir hum saath mein chalenge. Lekin phir tu saare gyarah baje aa jana.
(Okay. Fine. When you get here, tell Sarah in reception that you have come to see me. She will bring you directly to my floor. Then we will go together. But then you come at 11:30)
Khushi: Ookay dokay... Ciao bella...
Payal (smiles): Pagal (Crazy)


Khushi arrives at ASR Designs at 11:30 sharp.

Khushi's Look:






She walks up to the reception and says: Hi, you are Sarah, right?
Sarah looks up and says: Yes?
Khushi: Hi, I'm Khushi. I'm here to see Payal Gupta?
Sarah: Sure. (Picks up the phone) Lavanya, please come to the front desk.
(Turns to Khushi) Khushi, Lavanya will be here shortly. She will take you to Ms. Gupta's office. Please wait in the couch. Would you like some juice, tea or coffee?
Khushi smiles: Thank you... But no thanks.
Sarah smiles back: You are welcome...
Khushi turns to go to the sitting area and bumps into someone.
She looks up and sees her hunk... She squeals: Aakash?
Aakash looks down and sees the same cute girl from NIFT.
He smiles back: Hi... Khushi, right? What are you doing here?
Khushi (beams): I'm here to meet my sister. We are going out for lunch...
Aakash (Surprised): Your sister works here?
Khushi (smiles): Yup... She recently joined here. You work here too?

In the meanwhile, Lavanya arrives at the front desk.

Lavanya:





Sarah: Lavanya, see that girl over there in white top? Her name is Khushi. Please take Khushi to Ms. Payal Gupta's cabin.
Lavanya: Okay. But I am new here. Which floor is Ms. Gupta's office?
Sarah: The second floor from top. Her office is next to Mr. Aakash Singh Raizada.
Lavanya: Thanks.

Aakash: Yes, I work here too. It's a small world eh? So who is your sister?
Lavanya comes to them: Hi...
Khushi smiles to her: Hi...
Aakash thinks Lavanya is her sister. He nods at her and says to Khushi: Khushi, I need to leave. I have a meeting. I will see you around,,, Okay?
Khushi beams: Sure. Aakash. Bye... Have a great day...
Aakash smiles back: You too...
Aakash leaves.

Khushi turns to Lavanya: Hi, I'm Khushi. Payal's sister.
Lavanya smiles: Hi, I'm Lavanya. Are you ready to go?
Khushi beams: Yup...
They take the elevator to Payal's floor.

Payal's office:
Lavanya: Okay Khushi, This is Ms. Gupta's office. I have to leave now. See you around...
Khushi: Thanks
Lavanya leaves.
Khushi (knocks on Payal's door and speaks in a deep voice): May I come in Ms. Gupta?
Payal was surprised as she was expecting to leave any moment...
Payal: Come in...
Khushi bounces in: Hi jiji.. It's me... Gosh... what a posh office... Wow... what a cool mac... ooohhh you have...
Payal: Nautanki... Achcha... Ab chal. Lunch ke liye der ho rahee hain...
(Drama Queen... Okay... Now let's go. We are getting late for lunch)
Khushi (Sulking): Achcha chalo... (Lights up again) Jiji, guess what... Aaj humme naa who handsome hunk mila. Tumhare sapno ka rajkumar, tumhara jeevan saathi, tumhare chunnu munnu ke honewale papa...
(Okay, let's go... Jiji, guess what... today I met that handsome hunk... Your prince charming, your life partner, future father of your babies)
Payal (Surprised): Yahan? (Here?)
Khushi: Haan... Aur woh issi office mein kaam karta hain...
(Yes. And he works in this office too...)
Payal (Even more surprised): Achcha? (Really?)
Khushi (Smugly): Haan... (Yup)
They get out of Payal's office.
Mamaji's office's door was open and Khushi sees a picture of Aakash through the open door in mamaji's office...
Khushi squeals: Jijiii... There he is... tumhara honewala pati... tumhara rajkumar... tumhara handsome hunk...
(Your future husband, your prince, your handsome hunk)
Payal looks in the open door of mamaji's room and sees ASR's PA, Aman is coming out with a bunch of flies.

Aman:





She, mouth open, looks at Khushi like she has gone mad...
Aman sees Payal: Hi Payalji... (Fixes his big glasses, shyly looks at Khushi) Hi...
Payal, speechless, just waves her hand...
Khushi beams (excited to find the perfect groom for Payal): Hiii...
Aman leaves.
Khushi turns to Payal: Isn't he divine? When I saw him in NIFT, I just knew you guys were made for each other... What looks, what style, what charm... Haiii... Aur dressing sense to killer man...
Payal looks at Khushi totally convinced that her sister has finally gone mad.
She pulls Khushi out before she starts planning their future babies...

Last Drop Cafe:
Khushi and Payal are having lunch.
Khushi ordered a large nachos platter with extra cheese and jalapenos and Payal ordered a 7 layered burrito with Mexican rice...
Payal: Khushi, did you know my company is sponsoring a huge fashion show for NIFT? They will select interns from that show.
Khushi: Haan... I know that. I'm organizing that show. It's gonna be in Hyatt.
Payal: To tu participate kyun nehin karti? (So why don't you participate?)
Khushi: I can't jiji. I'm in first year. This is for final year students. I can't participate for two more years and even if I do, ASR Designs will never hire a first year intern.
Payal (Disappointed): Achcha? I thought if you got this job, we could have worked together. (smiles again) Chal, koi baat nehin. Iss saal nehin to do saal baad hi sahi...
(No problem... If not this year, then two years later it is...)
Khushi: Kam se kam isi bahane tasty lunch to mila? Aur tumhara handsome hunk bhi mila... Aajka din to kamaal ka tha... (She sighs dreamily)
(At least, I got tasty lunch out of it... And I also found your handsome hunk... Today's day was amazing...)
Payal (alarmed): Dekh Khushi... Humme abhi kisise shaadi nehin kar ni. Is liye tu apna dimaag lagana band kar samjhi?
(Look Khushi... I don't want to marry anyone right now. So you stop using your brain, understood?)
Khushi (upset): Kyun? Itna achcha ladka hain...
(Why? Such a good prospect)
Payal (Stern): Humne bola naa, nehin...
(I told you no...)
Khushi (disappointed): Thik hain jao. Hum abhi kuch nehin karenge...
(Okay fine. I won't do anything now)
Payal (smiling): Good girl... Now I have to run. Here's money for the bill. Chal bye.
She hugs Khushi and leaves...
Khushi picks up the money, leans back and fans herself with the money and says: Jiji... Tum bhi kitni bholi ho... Hum ne kahan ke hum abhi kuch nehin karenge. Lekin iska matlab yeh thodi naa hain ke hum kabhi kuch nehin karenge?
(Jiji, you are so innocent... I said, I won't do anything now... Does it mean that I won't do anything ever?)
Khushi winks at a nearby mirror and blows a kiss to herself...
Devi Maiyya winks back and blows a kiss back to her: That's my girl...

PRECAP: THE FASHION SHOW & ASR'S GRAND ENTRY

No comments:

Post a Comment